Initiatives taken towards Technological Advancement:
- Introduced of 220/33 KV, 2×100 MVA Gas Insulated Sub-station (GIS) at Jawaharnagar (Khanapara), Guwahati in 2013. Till now, AEGCL has commissioned 3 nos. EHV GIS at Sonapur (220/132 kV), Kamakhya (132/33 kV). In near future, AEGCL planned to construct more such GIS.
- Introduced IEC 61850 based Substation Automation System (SAS) in the Substations for Operation and monitoring of EHV equipment.
- Introduction of Optical Fibre as communication backbone in place of PLCC. Till 20.01.2021, 1373 km OPGW laid. For creating AEGCL’s dedicated OFC based communication Network, AEGCL plans to cover all its substations by replacing remaining Ground Wire of existing Transmission Line by OPGW.
- Introduction of Emergency Restoration System (ERS) tower for restoration of faulty transmission line due to tower collapse etc.
- AEGCL has taken initiatives for implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application to replace the manual file based system to a unified software based system where all day to day office activities shall be done digitally.
Acknowledgement of talent and Inspirational Initiative:
- AEGCL has introduced “Meritorious Award” Scheme to encourage and motivate the children of all employees of AEGCL who excel in Class-X & XII examinations.